Tuesday, December 2, 2008

e-contact

For this assignment we were supposed to contact a teacher electronically. I contacted two. I contacted Rachel Boyd who is teaching in New Zealand and Judy Smith who is teaching in McKenzie, AL. I sent Rachel an e-mail regarding her use of blogging in the classroom. I asked her why she implemented it and why I should use it in my classroom. She responded to my e-mail by sending me a reply. She said that she implemented it as a way for her students to express themselves and it became useful in helping them interact with others and learn about different things that could affect their lives. She said that implementing it in my class would allow for me to understand my students better from what they post. She also said that since anyone and everyone can read the blog that it will allow for the students to strive harder to only post what is true and written in an academically right way.
I contacted my Aunt Judy Smith through e-mail also and discussed with her the use of computers and blogging in her classroom. She told me that as a special education teacher blogs are rarely used for the students in her classroom, but that they are used for the teachers to exchange thoughts and opinions on how best to teach the special education students that they have in their rooms. She said that blogging among teachers can help all the teachers learn how different things that could be useful to them in the classroom. If teachers will communicate with one another to exchange ideas and techniques for the classroom, we all can learn something that will help make our classroom a better learning environment.

1 comment:

Jennifer Averitt said...

Good Job. Ms. Boyd is correct in that Blog's do allow a teacher to better understand our students. That is one reason I have mentioned in several classes regarding the use of correct grammar and spelling. Practice does make (at least more) perfect. Keep up the good work.